Navi bar



Home
about
Books Blog Contact

Friday, March 18, 2011

Where's my horse, I need to get back on it!

Ugh! I love that word. To the grammar experts of the world, yes, I realize it hardly counts for a real word. It's an audible expression of disgust. But for me those three little letters encapsulate my frustration and exhaustion whenever you've taken a writing hiatus and are trying to hop back on the proverbial horse. I'm exactly 51,567 words into my first book (a.k.a. the half way mark). I'm at a scene where the heroine stands up in front of 500 people and has to say something profound. Something that transcends past generational gaps, races and gender differences to reach everyone in the audience. No pressure or anything!

I've been avoiding this scene for the last three weeks. I even stopped to design this nifty blog and website. Now I'm blogging in my new blog about it... lol. New level of avoidance? Probably.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good luck! I'm sure she'll come through with something spectacular.

MLT

Post a Comment